About Marjorie Grimm
Marjorie Grimm, Owner-Operator of Faces By Design
Marjorie Grimm's Faces By Design business is focused exclusively on permanent cosmetics. She believes if you devote your time, effort and energy into any one area of expertise, you will become extremely good at it – maybe even one of the best. It is this passion that drives Marjorie as she enters her 18th year of business. She is also a published author and respected educator, sharing her expertise and knowledge with the entire permanent cosmetic industry. Completely dedicated to excellence in her trade, with thousands of successful procedures performed, she is foremost, an experienced permanent cosmetic specialist.
As required by the 2012 Assembly Bill AB 300 requirements, Marjorie is registered and permitted by the Santa Clara Health Department.
Outstanding Accomplishments and Awards
- In 2005 selected as the exclusive permanent cosmetic professional to serve with a group of medical and aesthetic professionals on The Silicon Valley’s “Makeover Dream Team.”
- Served as President of the Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals SPCP 2003-2005.
- Publicist and Materials Manager for the SPCP.
- Serves on the SPCP Past President’s Council.
- Chairperson of the SPCP Certification Board.
- Presented with the SPCP Industry Leader Award in 2005.
- In 2005, Marjorie coauthored a chapter about permanent cosmetics in a medical aesthetics book with Dr. Efran Arroyave, MD Medical Director, Aesthetic Medical Education Resources.
- Received a SPCP Outstanding Contribution Award during her tenure as Vice President in 1999.
- In 2004, the SPCP developed an assistance program for those technicians in the industry seeking technical advice from industry leaders. Marjorie is currently listed on the SPCP web site as a “Subject Matter Expert (SME)” and offers expert advice to others in the field of permanent cosmetics.
- Developed the first insurable tattoo lightening program for the industry in 2002.
- Marjorie is currently developing a tattoo lightening/removal product called Reverseatat™ or Reversatat™
- Consultant to Professional Program Insurance Brokerage and Lloyds of London Insurance Company on matters pertaining to permanent cosmetics.
- Team Member of CareerTech’s “Micropigmentation Test Development Program”, sponsored by the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
- Editorial Advisor for CosmeTech Magazine.
- Author of the industry textbook Permanent Cosmetics - The Foundation of Fundamental Applications
- Developer of the Turnkey Permanent Cosmetic Training Program
Keynote Speaking Engagements
Keynote speaker, demonstration engagements, and projects include:
- Live presentation of effective stretching techniques presented at the SPCP San Antonio Texas Conference.
- “Getting Started in Permanent Cosmetics” presented at the SPCP Convention held in San Diego, CA, and currently scheduled for presentation at the Skin Inc. Face and Body Show in San Jose, CA.
- “Today’s Permanent Cosmetics” presented at the Bay Area Women’s Show
- Eyebrow procedure demonstration at the Skin Inc. Face and Body Show, in San Jose, CA with Mary Jane Haake
- “Brows R Us” presentation at the Dermafest Convention, held in New Orleans, LA.
- Health Dimensions - KSJO Radio Talk Show Guest Speaker - Permanent Cosmetics and Health Issues.